The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant

It's 5:30. Time for devotions. My time with God. My time where I can spend the early morning and be still. Also the time to put on the armor of God so I can resist the devil's schemes. Resist what he has to offer. Take away my Anger. Jealously. Anything that stains my heart. I'm still on the Book of Deuteronomy and I read chapter 5 today. The 10 Commandments. 


Now it's 7:05, school starts in 30 minutes. I want to get there early, it gets congested on the highway as time goes by and I want to be set and ready before the bell rings. I go out to my car. Blast the heater and warm my hands with my breath. I start out and enter the highway... 
I'm driving on the highway like I always do on a school morning. As I was driving in the middle lane, there was 2 long thick wooden boards and a plastic board (one of those plastics boards used for those portable restrooms) about 3/4 a size of  door just randomly laying on the highway. One wooden board on top of the other. Making one stick out in the air while the plastic board was on top of that.
I wasn't concentrating. I wasn't focused on the road. Just thinking about things that wandered in my mind. Things I wished came true. As the other cars were already avoiding those random objects in the middle of the highway, I didn't notice them until the last split second because of the larger car in front of me. No time to think. I harshly turn the wheel to the right. Not thinking about the cars beside me because if I hit those objects, my car could either get damaged really badly or it my tilt my car and make me flip.
I avoided them, missed them by a foot or so but because of my jerk to the right, I started swerving left and right. I tried to get back on my lane but I couldn't.
I lost control of my car. 
I swerved back and forth a couple of times till my tires got traction and I had control of my car. I went to school and just went on with my day. Like nothing happened.


I didn't freak out during the time. I didn't know what was happening. I was too lazy too care.
But if you think about it....
...if I freaked out and stepped on my brakes, my car would've flipped, hitting other cars beside me.
...if I hit the car to the right, it would've made a pretty big crash.
...if I didn't see those objects in time, I would've damaged my wheels in the middle of the lane.
All of them having a result of a crash somehow. But somehow. somehow I survived. I didn't scratch my car or did I get hurt. I might have hurt my wheels from swerving but that's okay. It's not major.


When I got home, I looked up some news about people losing control on the highway. Or somewhere on the road. Something about what to do when you started swerving left and right. All those people either lost their lives or had major injuries. It's scary. What if I died right there and then?

If I died, would I be able to face God? Face His judgement upon me? Or would I be too ashamed. Ashamed of all the things I've done in my life.

Would He say "What have You done servant?" or "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Would I be able to say 
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 1 Timothy 4:7?


It's a scary thought. God is coming soon and I can't change that. But I can change my life. Will you be prepared to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?
Death is scary. It's in the unknown and abyss part of our lives. 


But I guess a thing to learn from here is that you can die anytime, anywhere, any day. So don't live your life for yourself but for God. Live your life to fullest, LOL (Live Out Loud) for Christ. The man who was crucified on the cross for our sins. Your life can flash before you eyes and before you know it, you're in judgement before God. It's scary and we don't like to think about it but it will happen, no matter how much we avoid it in our thoughts.


Anyways, I thank God for keeping me safe today and thank God for opening my eyes on my life. Our life is fragile. Our God is Good and our God is faithful. May He be our Yahweh and Father forever and ever.
(:

No comments:

Post a Comment