The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Passion


Pastor Jason came back a few days ago. He was on a missions trip in India for 10 days. He shared his testimony today instead of doing a sermon and just listening and looking at the pictures in India convicted me to continue to live my life for God. I’m being discipled by Z. Not mentored. There’s a difference. Being discipled means that I’m taking a path toward ministry. I don’t know what. But I’m in that path. When Pastor Jason (PJ) first said that he was going to India for missions and that he’d be glad to take anyone. I felt so compelled to go. Even though it’s during a school year. I talked to PJ about it and he said they were looking for an adult, someone older instead. That he wasn't exactly doing missions, but searching to find an organization they could reach out and connect to.

Yeah, of course I was sad when I knew I couldn’t go. But I continued and I still continue to pray. Pray that I’d be ready for anything God has for me.

He said next year. Next Year. They will send a team out there next year. I talked to Jason and thanked God for protecting him and his family. I said that I’m always open and ready if you need an extra member on your team.
Yeah, I’m young. I’m 16 going up to 17. I’m still in high school. But in thte living and holy Word, it has spoken:

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.
                                                ~1 Timothy 4:11-13

When you see The Poor. The Lost. The Wicked. The Sinful. What do you see?
I want to share. Share the love that God has given to me. I want to reach out. But fear creeps in. PJ had fear too. Fear of illness. Food. Hospitality. Low-quality of everything. You have to give up everything. EVERYTHING.

Either you love God or you love the World. You cannot choose both, because

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
                                                ~Matthew 6:24

I pray everyday, every morning. Asking God to use me whenever there is a chance. An opportunity. That if there is anything in the way, Anything, take it away…
That is a hard prayer. I couldn’t even say that when I first started devotions. I’m scared that I won’t be happy. I’m scared of the unknown. But as I live and walk my life with God, I can say it with confidence. That if there is one thing that I love, one thing that separates me and Him, that’d he take it out of my life, Because I want to truly live my life for God.
So I guess today’s testimony was a little boost in my confidence in serving God. I want to help those Kids. I know God gave me the gift of connecting with kids. They’re innocent. Oblivious. Always out there and never caring what other people think.

Pray
Seek &
Discover
from a pure heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment