The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Monday, November 21, 2011

City of Refuge

I read the book of Joshua today, and it talked about the City of Refuge. How those who accidentally murdered, or sinned against another could come and hide from the people chasing him. And it made me think.

What is our City of Refuge? When times of troubles and times of danger come about, who protects us? When we fall down, When we stray away, Who correct us? Obviously it's God. 

Obviously it's Him. The Lord of Lords and King of Kings. The God of Wonders who provides us with the abundance of Grace and Mercy.


Grace.
&
Mercy


If He provided all this love, all these things money cannot buy, all these things this Earth cannot provide, why. Why. Can I not spend a little more time with Him? 
I feel so selfish, so greedy, thinking about all the desires and fun I want to have for this Thanksgiving break. There's a party and a worship discipleship dinner at the same day, same time. I mind says go to the party, but my heart says go and Learn. Learn more about Him. Learn and grow.
It hit me hard. Just thinking about how selfish I am. So I pray. I pray for God to just come and purify my heart, my soul. Asking for Him to truly REIGN IN ME. RULE MY THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND LIFE.
Just spend a little more time with God. Just to thank Him for all the things He's provided.
When I fall, when I feel like I'm not worthy to even to talk to God, I know He cares for me. I know He loves me. He doesn't condemn, judge, or discourage me. He gives out His mercy and grace. He loves me. And you. And every single person out there.


He Is My City Of Refuge. My Stronghold.


"The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble"
                                                                  ~ Psalm 9:9


Seven Wonders of The World-

A group of geography students studied the Seven Wonders of the World. At the end of that section, the students were asked to list what they considered to be the Seven Wonders of the World.

Though there was some disagreement, the following got the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student, a quiet girl, hadn't turned in her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The quiet girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help." The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:"

1. to touch
2. to taste
3. to see
4. to hear

She hesitated a little, and then,
5. to run
6. to laugh
7. and to love 
We tend to find the wonders of what man has built. What we have accomplished. Yet, God made us, the mountains, the planets, stars, the universe in just like that. He spoke, and it came to be. That's all it took. This story truly shows how thankful you and I should be. We don't need the World, we just need the simple things. The simple things of life that creates Joy. 

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful." 
                                                                         ~2 Timothy 4:7


Finish the race because HE IS THERE AT THE FINISH LINE WAITING FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment