The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayer is Key


Man, it’s unbelievable how much we need God throughout our day. It’s almost 1 A.M. right now and I’ve been working on my projects/homework/studies since 7 P.M. My eyes are tired, my mind is exhausted, and I’m all dried up. I have so much to do, so much work, I don’t know what to do.

Pray.

That sounds nice.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
                                                ~Matthew 11:28

Today, this morning, I woke up 30 minutes later than usual, so I had 30 minutes less with God. I’m so tired nowadays, I don’t know why. This morning I read Numbers 35 and it just talked about Cities of Refuge and stuff. I’m running short of prayer request so for you guys, if you have anything, anything I could pray about/for, it’ll be tight.

During lunch today, I talked to one of my friends about what’s going on in our Christian life. He went to our church when he was little but moved to another one later in our childhood. He said something about how he’s not really focused during worship at his church and he kinda just stopped doing devos.
That “Spiritual High” you get after camp usually doesn’t last that long and he wished that he had that feeling during his daily life. I mean, he comes to our youth sometimes, and he wishes to join our church again but his parents say that our church isn’t healthy for him or something like that.
I can see in him that he longs to find that comfort and quietness that God provides but doesn’t know how. I didn’t say much during the conversation but we still kept on talking about it until lunch ended.
One of the things I’m struggling with right now, is pride. Pride with this blog. I usually, actually never, write a diary or something about myself. And when I read the previous posts I put up, it doesn’t even sound like me. It seems like it’s a totally different person. I can’t write. That’s the truth. I can’t put thoughts into words, which explains why I can’t explain things. But when I write on this blog, I feel so free, just writing down every thought, every emotions I feel during that day; rather than storing it up inside of me. And when I reread all these posts, I feel so prideful, so arrogant, that I, Josh, actually put thought into words.
It’s pride that crumbles and demolishes you from the inside out.
I pray every morning to ask God to humble me. To take away all these malicious sins away from me.
That HE, our DEFENDER and PROVIDER, would REIGN IN US.

“Reign In Us” is actually a song written by Starfield.

One of my friend came up to me after worship on Saturday and said
“Dude, the bridge, is so powerful.”
And it is. It is a compelling and mighty part. All of it is.

The bridge goes like this-
 
So, reign please reign in us
Come purify our hearts, we need Your touch
Come cleanse us like a flood and send us out
So the world may know You reign you reign in us

Letting God reign in us, letting him rule our lives, is a tough thing to do. But we also have to remember this:
you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body”
                        ~1 Corinthians 6:20

I know how I said that I’m going to be tired and weary throughout this week, but I never expected it to come to me this fast. It’s only Monday and I’m doing poorly in school and I have so much to do.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
                                       ~Phillippians 4:6

When I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do or I’m all burned out. I go to God and remember that He Reigns and He is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment