The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Burdens


This week went by really fast!!!! I didn’t have time to blog yesterday because I totally forgot about a project and a report due today. I finished, but it was like 2 A.M. and I didn’t take a nap so I was super duper tired. I went to this play today for extra credit and I was suppose to go with a small group of friends. But it turned out to be just me and my friend, Bhumi. Awwkkarrddd. Just kidding, it wasn’t. We still had fun.(:

After I posted my last post about Transparency, I went and opened my Bible. I just finished the Book of Numbers and I started reading Deuteronomy. The last post about how I should be transparent to my worship team; People who I can trust and rely on, so that they can pray for me and keep me accountable. Help me grow. I was reading Deuteronomy and it talked about the appointment of leaders. I don’t remember who, but I think it was Moses talking. And basically, there was too much burden for one man to carry so he appointed some leaders he trust to help him out. Help him carry the burdens. It helped me think about how he has placed all these specific people in my life. All these Brothers and Sisters. And yet, I still keep the burdens on my shoulders.

“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
                                                ~Galations 6:2

I have the whole youth group. A group of youth. 
Young. Innocent. Weak.
I want to help lead these people to Christ. Show them the way. Be an example. Disciple. Teach.
Because the sponsors can’t do this all by themselves.

Anyways, I don’t have much too talk about.
Life’s been great. But when it starts getting better and better, we tend to forget God. We tend to start relying on our own. Ourselves. Thinking we don’t need God when we really do.
We start growing into this world when we should be growing out of this world.
So I guess, as a prayer request, that’d I won’t fall into this world just because my life is going fine. That I won’t forget God because I get so caught up into the pleasures of this world. Because this world can’t bring the ultimate joy. You can’t find eternal life through this world but through Jesus Christ, His Son.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
                ~Philippians 4:8

:))

No comments:

Post a Comment