The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

The Potter's Hand - Jeremiah 18

Friday, March 16, 2012

Shhh

"He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
   I will be exalted among the nations, 
   I will be exalted in the earth.” ~Psalms 46:10 

How many times have the verse Psalm 46:10 come across our minds?
Do we acknowledge it? Or just live our lives?
I struggle with that. I'm an active person. I love to run around, I love to sing and play guitar. But it's not about me. It's about God.
For God says "Be Still and know that I am God"

Whew... just on our knees and having absolute silence. Nothing.
No music in the background. No prayers or request. Just knowing the splendor of God and his mighty power...just...






                                          ...Silence....





It's hard. Definitely with Spring Break. But as it ends, as school comes and challenges and bumps come. When we need him, we pray. God wants us. He's hear listening and waiting for every need we have, for every praise we can shout out, and every heart broken from some tragic event. We want to live our lives. But God wants us to live for Him.

So in the times of devotions for me, instead of praying an everyday routine, I decided to be silent and know God is God. It's hard. Not to wander my mind off to another thing. A party, a hangout, a girl. Anything. But as times go by, perfection comes closer. So I'll try. Keep it going...5 minutes with silence...10.....15......30.....60....forever...

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
                                                              ~Matthew 6:24







No comments:

Post a Comment